Up at 0600 and ready to get started. Not really, I was in the middle of a really great REM state. Well, I am up and ready to roam about the house. I really like having the extra time on Mondays and Wednesdays. I don’t have to be on campus until 1000. That gives me a little time at the house to make coffee and put the leftover dishes and really think about what I need to pack. Once I get into the usual swing of things I will have the necessary items packed the night before.
So, I am making the coffee and getting a little yogurt, I need a little something on these days because I will be getting back to Carrollton around 6:30-6:40 in the evening. It makes the day long when I am constantly hungry. Well, the weather outside is cooler and it really feels like rain. I am glad that I have rain gear, but it really doesn’t breathe well. I tried wearing it once during the summer and ended up sweating myself out. I was soaked from the sweat instead of the rain. Not a good smell for those around me. So I will pack the pants and wrap the books in a trash bag, still haven’t made the waterproof bag yet, and no I am ready to go.
The ride starts out dark, not too dark, but it is a foreshadowing to what the time change might have in store. Easy day and mostly green lights all the way. Ok, spoke too soon and I am now waiting. The time is ticking and I need to get to the stop. The time reaches 0730, the bus leaves at 0740, if I blow this light, I can make it. Ok nobody is coming and so I am going to take it. All good and reached the stop with 5 minutes to spare. No bus.
I change out of the gear and look around to see what is going on. There are a few other people waiting to catch a ride to UNT, and so I ask someone sitting in a car marked DCTA. The bus is running late. I guess I didn’t really have to push so hard after all. I do think that it is nice that there is a representative from DCTA to answer questions and give updates to the bus arrival. There is a new driver and she is having a little trouble getting the under storage to unlock, again the rep. from DCTA steps up. Big points for DCTA in my book.
The ride is good and I get a different driver to talk to. I really like sitting in the front and watching the traffic I don’t have to fight anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment