Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day


Today is the beginning of the experiment. I was a little apprehensive at first, mainly because I over did it working in the lawn on Sunday. I also got a little burned. Well, no worries, it will be an easy day. Unfortunately I had the early morning truck delivery at Petco, so I was busy long before dawn.

Geared up and ready to go.

Around 6:30 am I am done and on the bike. Strange enough, the darkness is very calming, and refreshing after moving all of that stock. I get the feeling that I am running late, but end up getting to the stop with about 15 minutes to spare. I notice that there appear to be a lot of people going to Denton. I guess this gas crisis is hitting a lot of people.


The bus ride was just what I needed, I slept the entire time. There is a little bit of a drawback though. I get to school about two hours early. On Wednesday I will try to catch a later bus.

Looking around the campus I find a lot of single speed and fixed gear bikes. I even ran into an associate printmaker and cycling fan Michael. He has a new Pake. I have also seen quite a few Surly bike frames around the campus.

Michael's new ride

As for the ride home, it was a great time to catch up if not get ahead on my reading. I thought to myself on the spin home about making a few modifications to the bike. I will show the changes in the next posting.

No comments: