I woke up at 0200 HRS, that is 2 am for normal people. I was ready to knock this day out. No classes after, nothing but sitting at the house and chilling out for the day. It is a perfect morning, cool, and quiet. Spinning there, I take my time. Robert won’t be there until 2 to open up, so I will take my time and try and coast most of the way. Goofing around practicing some track stands, I realize I should probably get there and change out shoes.
As I get close to the main turn off to Josey Lane, I remember that one little dog that always jumps out and scares the snot out of me. Waiting, looking, getting ready, yep there he is, and yes he scared me again.
Accident Kurt the Petco Master
As I turn the corner, I see in the distance a whole lot of commotion. Emergency lights, vehicles and Kurt sitting in the parking lot watching the whole thing. It looks as though someone has attempted to park his or her car on a light pole. As Kurt and I watch the scene, He snaps off a picture of me for nostalgic and training purposes. I wanted to see what I look like in the dark. Not good, after viewing the photo, I am virtually invisible. After work I will head to Joann Fabric and get some reflective material to put on the bag. Also I need to update the lighting system on the bike.
Can you see me?
Robert shows up and we head inside to work. About 3 hours into the shift I look outside and notice the ground is covered in rain. Another lesson learned, watch the weather and plan ahead for the next day.
Petco @ 0143 HRS
After work I head home feeling rather sleepy and ready to catch a few ZZZ’s before I move onto today’s work. The roads are slick and the braking system is slow to respond, will remedy this before the next ride. All of these are good lessons to learn now before the semester starts. This week I plan to perform the full commute process.
Stay tuned….


No comments:
Post a Comment